Parent Advisory Council
The purpose of the PAC (Parent Advisory Council) is to inform, encourage and provide opportunities for parent and community members to be involved in the planning and evaluation of the school’s instructional program and improvement processes. By definition, the PAC is an advisory body. Final decision-making authority rests with the principal.
Duties and Responsibilities of the PAC do NOT include: personnel issues (including hiring or evaluation of individual staff members), individual student discipline issues, or any issue dealing with a specific student, staff member, or parent.
Meeting Schedule: Meetings will be held on Thursday mornings as scheduled below. The 2022-23 schedule is noted below:
- Thursday, October 27 @ 10:00am
- Thursday, February 16 @ 10:00am
- Thursday, May 18 @ 10:00am
The membership of the PAC will be made up of a parent representative from each of the grade bands and programs described below:
- K-1 parent representative
- 2-3 parent representative
- 4-5 parent representative
- Special Education Services parent representative (Resource, PLP, ECSE)
- English Language Learner parent representative
- PTA representative (to be appointed by the PTA Executive Board)
- School Board liaison (as appointed by superintendent)
- Classroom teacher
- School principal
If you are interested in being considered for one of the parent representative positions listed above, please complete this online PAC Application Form by Friday, September 30, 2022 at 4:00pm.